Monday, April 27, 2009

When Love Story (Taylor Swift) meets Viva La Vida (Coldplay), the strings slides on the keys, lovely combination!

i was at Dann's blog when i saw this song... it was very very nice... therefore i would like to share it with you here...



i loved the pizzicato on the cello!! i loved the way the songs blend in, the way they jammed... i loved everything about it~ hope you'll like it too...



Here are the lyrics:


We were both young when I first saw you.
I close my eyes and the flashback starts:
I'm standing there on a balcony in summer air.

See the lights, see the party, the ball gowns.
See you make your way through the crowd
and say hello;

Little did I know
That you were Romeo; you were throwing pebbles,
And my daddy said, "Stay away from Juliet."
And I was crying on the staircase,
begging you, 'Please, don't go.'"

And I said,
"Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone.
I'll be waiting; all there's left to do is run.
You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess
It's a love story - baby just say 'Yes.'"

So I sneak out to the garden to see you.
We keep quiet 'cause we're dead if they knew.
So close your eyes; escape this town for a little while.
'Cause you were Romeo, I was a scarlet letter,
And my daddy said "Stay away from Juliet,"
But you were everything to me; I was begging you, 'Please, don't go,'"

And I said,
"Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone.
I'll be waiting; all there's left to do is run.
You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess
It's a love story - baby just say 'Yes.'

Romeo save me - they're tryin' to tell me how to feel;
This love is difficult, but it's real.
Don't be afraid; we'll make it out of this mess.
It's a love story - baby just say "Yes.'"

Oh, oh.

I got tired of waiting,
Wondering if you were ever comin' around.
My faith in you was fading
When I met you on the outskirts of town,

And I said,
"Romeo save me - I've been feeling so alone.
I keep waiting for you but you never come.
Is this in thy head? I don't know what to think-"

He knelt to the ground and pulled out a ring and said,
"Marry me, Juliet - you'll never have to be alone.
I love you and that's all I really know.
I talked to your dad - go pick out a white dress;
It's a love story - baby just say 'Yes.'"

Oh, oh. Oh, oh.

'Cause we were both young when I first saw you...

--------------------------------------------------------------
And here's the music score:

Taylor Swift Love Story[1][2] Taylor Swift Love Story[1][2] anna Taylor Swift Love Story from album Fearless

5 comments:

  1. I like Coldplay..such a mellow voice for a guy..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for tagging me. No doubt its a very great play. How i wish i have the skills like his. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kris, i loved coldplay a lot too!!! the songs very got 'feel'.... there's one particular song, each time go sing-K also MUST sing one... my friends always remember to choose for me.. seriously can de-stress after exams...

    -----------------------------------
    Dann, welcome.. thanks for sharing the song =) i got so addicted to it.. been playing it repeatedly... i think if given a chance (and time)to learn a string instrument, i would choose the harp... i think the musicis angelic~

    ReplyDelete
  4. wah! my coldplay oso can combine with love story!! yuhuu~~
    was addicted to love story for a very very long time since listen it in cherry....until i came back from sibu baru 'kai zhor'...(addicted = keep playing in my mind....=.=")
    hotchick..u faster practice how to play this song la...den u come my house tat time can teach me how to play..hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah,... i loved this combination very much...
    i'm addicted to it too! :)

    wahhh.. then we can duet the song :)
    how i wished i could play strings... i loved the cello a lot too... sigh..

    ReplyDelete

dear friends, firstly, thanks for leaving your comments.. they are very much valued :)

secondly, do remember to leave your name =)
i'll like to know how can i address you ^^ thx

oh yes, if you do not have a blog/URL, just select open ID and leave the URL section blank :)

Author's Note

Dear friends and readers, Thank you for dropping by and leaving comments/ shoutouts. More importantly, thank you for being there... please accept my apology that, lately, i may be busy with work and not have time to reply youir messages/comments, but rest assured, each and everyone is read, and highly appreciated :) have a nice day! ^^

of love

Today, i heard a story which was not a story of falling...
of living in the dark end of winter turmoil..
instead, it was a love story..
of a couple who did not live happily ever after...
but they live, loving each other..