Monday, December 1, 2008

Poll Results : Love

Finally, the poll results for my readers:

Q1: Do YOU believe in LOVE??
90% of my readers believe in Love.. that's a good thing right.. there are however 9% of readers, which all of them are girls, who didn't believe in love... i would add a continuous question: like why? why do you believe in love? and why did you not believe in love?? have you been hurt so badly that you never thought you could love again?? or do you think love is all made up??

If you note closely, all the guys actually believed in love..

Prof T Maniam, my lecturer once said: LOVE is a delusion. To treat this delusion, you need to induce acute psychosis, in which results in getting married. After that, you will fall back to reality... (i know, it's a cold subtle joke, if you get what i mean..)

Q2: Do you agree that all men (or the majority of men) are cheaters?
Interestingly, more than half (53%) of my readers thinks that men are cheaters. Another strong 40% of the population (which were all men), stood up for their species, claiming: not all men are cheaters. If calculate further, you can see that 82% of the girls (28x100/34) thinks that all men are cheaters while 61% of the guys disagrees with this.

Q3: If your other half cheats on you, will you forgive him/her?
Looking at this pattern, you can see that if you are a girl, and you cheat, you have 43% (28x100/65) chances to be forgiven.
However, if you are a guy, and you cheat, you have 17.7 % (6x100/34) chance to be forgiven.
So, bottom line, don't cheat lar.. even more when you are a guy.... however tempting the fruits of your neighbor may be, however seducing is the girl next door...

Q4: Have you ever cheated before?
WOW! this poll surprised me the most! 39% of guys (25/65) cheated before, at some point of their lives.. and i'm talking about guys who reads 'serious' blog like mine, who are assumingly less of a playboy? no, i'm not expecting a clean zero statistic, with everyone claiming that they have never cheater before.. but see, guys do cheat, and 39% already cheated before the age of 30 (assuming that the majority of my readers are 30 and below)... and these are the data of people who dares to admit it...
girls, don't laugh, as 8% (3/34) of the girls cheats too. when i count down further to the final statistic, the 3% of girl cheaters take account for ONE person. so, you know who you are la.. hehe...

Q5: If love is blind, hurtful and full of lies, would you still choose to love?
64% of the readers say YES. Which i think is not too bad. When break down further, 72% of the guys and 55% of girls says YES.

Well, the good thing is, love is NOT hurtful and full of lies.... sometimes, we meet people who made us believe that it is so...

I would like to end this post, with 3 love letters by the infamous Classical music composer, Ludwig Van Beethoven. He was one of the composers who became deaf, yet able to listen the music in his head. He wrote numberous famous symphonies, sonatas, string quartets, concertos etc, of which one of them i personally liked was Moonlight Sonata. You'll probably known of Fur Elise too.

You would have probably heard about the third letter #3, if you watch Sex& the City, as it was is the letter Mr Big quotes to Carrie.

Beethoven - Love Letters of Great Men : Letter #1

July 6, in the morning

My angel, my all, my very self - Only a few words today and at that with pencil (with yours) - Not till tomorrow will my lodgings be definitely determined upon - what a useless waste of time - Why this deep sorrow when necessity speaks - can our love endure except through sacrifices, through not demanding everything from one another; can you change the fact that you are not wholly mine, I not wholly thine - Oh God, look out into the beauties of nature and comfort your heart with that which must be - Love demands everything and that very justly - thus it is to me with you, and to your with me. But you forget so easily that I must live for me and for you; if we were wholly united you would feel the pain of it as little as I - My journey was a fearful one; I did not reach here until 4 o'clock yesterday morning. Lacking horses the post-coach chose another route, but what an awful one; at the stage before the last I was warned not to travel at night; I was made fearful of a forest, but that only made me the more eager - and I was wrong. The coach must needs break down on the wretched road, a bottomless mud road. Without such postilions as I had with me I should have remained stuck in the road. Esterhazy, traveling the usual road here, had the same fate with eight horses that I had with four - Yet I got some pleasure out of it, as I always do when I successfully overcome difficulties - Now a quick change to things internal from things external. We shall surely see each other soon; moreover, today I cannot share with you the thoughts I have had during these last few days touching my own life - If our hearts were always close together, I would have none of these. My heart is full of so many things to say to you - ah - there are moments when I feel that speech amounts to nothing at all - Cheer up - remain my true, my only treasure, my all as I am yours. The gods must send us the rest, what for us must and shall be -

Your faithful LUDWIG.


Beethoven - Love Letters of Great Men: Letter #2

Evening, Monday, July 6

You are suffering, my dearest creature - only now have I learned that letters must be posted very early in the morning on Mondays to Thursdays - the only days on which the mail-coach goes from here to K. - You are suffering - Ah, wherever I am, there you are also - I will arrange it with you and me that I can live with you. What a life!!! thus!!! without you - pursued by the goodness of mankind hither and thither - which I as little want to deserve as I deserve it - Humility of man towards man - it pains me - and when I consider myself in relation to the universe, what am I and what is He - whom we call the greatest - and yet - herein lies the divine in man - I weep when I reflect that you will probably not receive the first report from me until Saturday - Much as you love me - I love you more - But do not ever conceal yourself from me - good night - As I am taking the baths I must go to bed - Oh God - so near! so far! Is not our love truly a heavenly structure, and also as firm as the vault of heaven?


Beethoven - Love Letters of Great Men: Letter #3

Good morning, on July 7

Though still in bed, my thoughts go out to you, my Immortal Beloved, now and then joyfully, then sadly, waiting to learn whether or not fate will hear us - I can live only wholly with you or not at all - Yes, I am resolved to wander so long away from you until I can fly to your arms and say that I am really at home with you, and can send my soul enwrapped in you into the land of spirits - Yes, unhappily it must be so - You will be the more contained since you know my fidelity to you. No one else can ever possess my heart - never - never - Oh God, why must one be parted from one whom one so loves. And yet my life in V is now a wretched life - Your love makes me at once the happiest and the unhappiest of men - At my age I need a steady, quiet life - can that be so in our connection? My angel, I have just been told that the mailcoach goes every day - therefore I must close at once so that you may receive the letter at once - Be calm, only by a calm consideration of our existence can we achieve our purpose to live together - Be calm - love me - today - yesterday - what tearful longings for you - you - you - my life - my all - farewell. Oh continue to love me - never misjudge the most faithful heart of your beloved.

ever thine
ever mine
ever ours


These letters were found in Beethoven's desk after he died. They were not addressed to anybody, so it is impossible to know who he was writing to. Historians feel they were written to a married woman who he loved dearly, and who was leaving the city at the time of these letters.

So sad.... she didn't received the letters.... *sob* *sob*...

Click to listen to Moonlight Sonata

Click to know more of Beethoven

Related Links:

The georgraphically blind: Letters of Great Men

10 comments:

  1. so, is there any chi square of sort of to prove that men really cheats? Or could it be liable to manipulation by certain females? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fur Elise is one of the truly hauntingly beautiful song i've heard.

    My Immortal Beloved is also a very fascinating aspect of Beethoven whom we may never be able to truly comprehend but only through his compositions..

    ReplyDelete
  3. soooo longgggggggg...

    I'M NOT PLAYBOY!!!

    LOL. the poll is a bit like opening chances for playboy laa..

    u see.. the man that cheat and the girls that would forgive their men for cheating, then you know it is actually very encouraging!

    Just kidding =P Remember to let me scan thru your candidates ahhhh..

    ReplyDelete
  4. yee ming, why don't you go do a study, randomized cohort study.. maybe you can be part of the population =P hehe... do you think you would cheat in the future?

    --------------------------------
    khek, yes, Beethoven is a legend.. and i didn't know he can not only compose songs, but also writes... his music can opens a person soul..

    ---------------------------------
    bingwui, no matter how hard you try to capslock it, you cannot hide the fact, hehe.. i think yen pin will support this.. :P

    you misinterpret the results leh..

    1. 39% of guys (25/65) cheated before, at some point of their lives.. 8% (3/34) of the girls cheats too. when i count down further to the final statistic
    = means more guys cheats than girls.. there are 5 times more guys who cheats (playboy) than girls

    2. Looking at this pattern, you can see that if you are a girl, and you cheat, you have 43% (28x100/65) chances to be forgiven.
    However, if you are a guy, and you cheat, you have 17.7 % (6x100/34) chance to be forgiven.
    = means 43% guys will forgive girls while only 17.7% girls will forgive guys

    so, conclusion: the men cheat and they are NOT forgiven.... the girls don't usually cheats, but when they do, they are more likely to be forgiven =P

    hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo.. correct also... ok ok.. i misinterpret..

    u say until like tat, my reputation gone laaaa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i didn't say that you are playboy in my blog also... you only happily go CAPSLOCK it, with some reverse psychology spell.. hehe... okayla, you just failed your first criteria to be a playboy.. a playboy must not reveal himself as a playboy...

    see, i so nice, kembalikan your reputation...

    p/s: i am curious though, of your answer for question number #4.. hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was my second encounter meeting this sentence...

    "ever thine,
    ever mine,
    ever ours
    "

    Thought it was familiar sight. Glad i did watch Sex and The City (the movie), Carrie reason out that Mr.Big didnt once write her a love letter. LOL.

    Nice post, giving me a chance to read those love letters... =P

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooo i duno that beethoven is such a hopeless romantic person!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Beethoven, love all the loves letters. If only men these days could write like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dann, yes, ever thine, ever mine, ever ours.. Mr Big copied them for Carrie.... i'm glad i finally found the original letters too ^^

    poh lin & brenda,
    i didn't know Beethoven was so romantic too.. i think i can so-fall-in-love with him.... men can write, it's just that, they stopped writing, for some unknown reasons, i guess..

    ReplyDelete

dear friends, firstly, thanks for leaving your comments.. they are very much valued :)

secondly, do remember to leave your name =)
i'll like to know how can i address you ^^ thx

oh yes, if you do not have a blog/URL, just select open ID and leave the URL section blank :)

Author's Note

Dear friends and readers, Thank you for dropping by and leaving comments/ shoutouts. More importantly, thank you for being there... please accept my apology that, lately, i may be busy with work and not have time to reply youir messages/comments, but rest assured, each and everyone is read, and highly appreciated :) have a nice day! ^^

of love

Today, i heard a story which was not a story of falling...
of living in the dark end of winter turmoil..
instead, it was a love story..
of a couple who did not live happily ever after...
but they live, loving each other..