Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Sex & The City



Classification: 18PL
Genre: Comedy/Romance
Running Time: 2 hours 24 minutes
Director: Michael Patrick King
Cast: Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, Cynthia Nixon, Chris Noth, Jennifer Hudson, Lynn Cohen.
My Ratings: 4/5stars

I loved this movie. There, I was already bias before I even start on the review. If you are upset or depressed and really need a laugh, this is the movie for you. It was hilarious all the way. Like seriously, funny.. so, after the prof wu incident, this was like an elixir… and if you like movies like ‘devil wears prada’ and ‘27 dresses’, you would love this movie very very much too! The ‘baju’ all so nice- giving me the uncontrollable urge to shop. And the huge wardrobe? I was speechless… I was going like oh-my-God before Carrie repeated after me…

4 best-est girlfriends, Carrie Bradshaw (Sarah Jessica Parker), Miranda (Cynthia Nixon), Charlotte (Kristin Davis) and Samantha (Kim Cattrall) in New York City, middle age women, experiencing difference phases of life, love and challenges.



I enjoyed this movie very much, besides being super hilarious, I guess, I find it easy to relate myself and people around me to it. Like no matter what happens, your best buddies girl friends will always be there. When I heard the question- why do you want to go to New York? It reminded my of suk teng… and I could already predict the answer.

On days of depression, you just bury yourself under the blankets and regress. And there was the laughing for no reason, and shouting ‘ahh’ and ‘oh my god’ that people from the next table stared back. Yes, those were the crazy old days.. I missed those days… hanging out on a girl’s night out is fun! Dressing up, shopping, going somewhere nice to eat, drink, have the ‘fashion show’, going on a vacation, playing ‘hang-man’, talking bout anything, everything, just chilling and laughter, sharing secrets… what will I do without them?

I guess this movie is an-every-girl's-dream-movie. You know the perfect guy-thingy and the happily-ever-after. And when you grow older, you realized that they both do not exist.

When you are single, you wonder where he is. When you are in a relationship, you wonder whether he is the one. And you will never stop wondering… And girls being girls; are not easily satisfied.

Happily ever after does not exist. My mum never told me that. She fed me with fairytales of Cinderella and Snow White, like candy cones. That is why one has to not only love each other, but also love their relationship or marriage. Because there will be days where, mistakes were made, trust were betrayed, and when that happens you will need something stronger for salvation - quoted from for one more day, mitch albom, which i read last weekend. good book, will find time to write a review about it later.

P/s: I heard that the series were better. Looking forward to watch it!

P/ss: I am ‘gifted’ to predict what will happen next when I watch movies, which sometimes takes the fun out of it. And my friends would go, ‘how do you know?’.. even for the lamest movie like the sparrow and happening! hmm, maybe next time I should start betting on it..

4 comments:

  1. I got out of taking my wife to the theater when it was showing but I doubt I can get out of watching it on now! I should get some of the millions for having to sit through it. She made me get Kim Cattrall’s voice on our GPS too. We got it from Navtones.com and I will have to admit that is pretty dam cool. I like the sexy Kim Cattrall voice but I also got Mr. T, the real celebrities. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, this is indeed a nice movie :)
    on those days that you simply need a laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. t'was a very enjoyable one indeed :)

    enjoyed watching it with good company. well, you take care, till i see you again.

    p/s: you didn't "predict" what happen exactly did you, you thought the movie was gonna end halfway thru..

    p/ss: lovely ending though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. very enjoyable :)

    i did predicted.. i said it HAD TO HAVE a happy ending, and it did =P

    ReplyDelete

dear friends, firstly, thanks for leaving your comments.. they are very much valued :)

secondly, do remember to leave your name =)
i'll like to know how can i address you ^^ thx

oh yes, if you do not have a blog/URL, just select open ID and leave the URL section blank :)

Author's Note

Dear friends and readers, Thank you for dropping by and leaving comments/ shoutouts. More importantly, thank you for being there... please accept my apology that, lately, i may be busy with work and not have time to reply youir messages/comments, but rest assured, each and everyone is read, and highly appreciated :) have a nice day! ^^

of love

Today, i heard a story which was not a story of falling...
of living in the dark end of winter turmoil..
instead, it was a love story..
of a couple who did not live happily ever after...
but they live, loving each other..