Thursday, July 10, 2008
i had a great laugh today! =)
I had a major surprise today, a pleasant one actually... and had a great laugh... Aland said I should blog about it... And I was undecided about it for a while as I have my reputation at stake, then I thought, what the heck! I guess you deserve to share this joke on me... especially those at mist of exams or stressed at work whom needed a time out... and maybe, like 5 years in future, when i open my blog, there's still something to laugh at...
So, I was feeling bored today.. and well, I hated psychiatry posting, like a lot.. and my supervisor, Prof Ros was on leave, so I decided to stay in my room to complete my case report... and being a total addict, I move from my case report to a very interesting site... Guess what? I discovered a forum @ Low Yat Net! actually my friend recommended it... there was this superbly funny forum on chest hair, haha!! (this should interest Cheryl, my friend with chest-hair-phobia, haha!) Anyway, this forum was very interesting and instantly I registered myself as a user, got hooked and was happily posting comments in the forums...
The thing is, being a total noob, I didn’t even know there was a thread started title : hey Celyn (fyi, I used the nick Celyn when the system said Jocelyn was in use, and so I omitted the Jo)... King83 started a thread initially, to teach the noob me, how to use this 'signiture function' in this forum... and one message led to another,.. and people were like, (erm.. what's a more polite word for stalking),.. checking,... discovering.. okay,.. people were checking me out,... they even posted my picture there!! so much so for not using an avatar..
anyway, I was so surprised to see it that I was going OH MY GOD the whole time... (yes, the panda OMG kind)... this was my first forum experience, and I never thought it would end up this way... you must be lost my now... click here and you would totally understand...
It was a little scary at first, when you have people checking you out, all the way to facebook and friendster... checking your slideshows,pics, notes and all.... I mean, they can find out so much about you, it kind of makes you feel transparent... but some good did come out of it too:
1. I met many new friends today
2. My Blog traffic suddenly shoots up sky high.. and I was very happy readers enjoyed and appreciates my posts (248 visits and 554page view today, and still counting) -wow! my blog never hit that high target!!
3. I had the laugh of my life!! It had certainly made my day!!! =)
special thanks to:
king83 : who innocently started the thread to teach me what a 'signiture' was..
silverhawk : for informing me of the thread, though i was 5 pages late, haha!
7chai : for the shabu-shabu, haha!
and everyone else who participated....
So, if you’re feeling bored… you know now that there’s a new place to hang out and chill~~
Dear friends and readers, Thank you for dropping by and leaving comments/ shoutouts. More importantly, thank you for being there... please accept my apology that, lately, i may be busy with work and not have time to reply youir messages/comments, but rest assured, each and everyone is read, and highly appreciated :) have a nice day! ^^
- *Recommended Posts* (13)
- about love and relationships (20)
- AMSA (4)
- at Hosp Teluk Intan (3)
- away from home (1)
- birthdays (3)
- Chinese New Year (5)
- Conference (2)
- confessions (7)
- confessions of a House Officer (18)
- Confessions of a Medical Officer (1)
- Confessions of a medical student -1st year (6)
- Confessions of a medical student -2nd year (5)
- Confessions of a medical student-3rd year (25)
- Confessions of a medical student-4th year (13)
- Confessions of a medical student-Final year (47)
- currant affair (7)
- Cuti-cuti Malaysia (3)
- events/festivals (4)
- family (10)
- Food Reviews (22)
- friends (3)
- fun (4)
- greetings (1)
- halloween (1)
- happiness :) (15)
- inspirational (7)
- interesting news (6)
- Just for laughs (12)
- Kota Kinabalu (2)
- Malaysian (5)
- Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra (MPO) (3)
- medical (18)
- Movies Review (10)
- music (8)
- my piano (3)
- nuffnang (1)
- poll results analysis (1)
- random rants~ (8)
- ranting (12)
- realmart (1)
- sad (11)
- shinyin (42)
- shinyin being bored... (15)
- shinyin being stupid (11)
- shinyin's random thoughts (27)
- Sibu (3)
- Singapore (1)
- song lyrics (7)
- stories from my childhood (11)
- stories from my highschool (KGV) (4)
- stories from my mother (1)
- Travel (15)
- Wedding (3)
- zhimuis (3)